Chief Technology Officer
“The course set itself apart from any other professional development I have undertaken by blending tuition on aspects that actually matter to a CX level role with learnings shared by seasoned CIOs. Less than two years later I found myself successful in securing the CTO role at Agrigate. There’s no question in my mind that this course played a significant part in preparing me for that step up.”
Transaction Services Group
“There’s no other programme like it in New Zealand, perhaps not even globally. It is specifically designed by CIOs, for CIOs to develop future CIOs. The programme offers the participant a critical path to leadership in the IT space: what do we have today, and what do we need to be successful tomorrow?”
Business Solutions Manager
“I was fortunate to be paired with a business mentor who is the group CIO of a global organisation. I met with him once a month and he guided me through my strategic initiative. I also enjoyed the networking opportunities with people from lots of different companies.”
Strategic CIO programme
This intensive, practically focused programme prepares mid-career IT professionals to step into a CIO role.
Refreshed programme for 2020
Exciting changes are coming to our C-Suite programme content and structure for 2020. We are in the process of gathering data and feedback from our customers to help shape these changes, which will bring participants from across our C-Suite programmes together to build an integrated perspective on the work of senior leadership.
Dates for our refreshed programmes are yet to be confirmed, but we can’t wait for you to see our new modules and content.
About the programme
This experiential programme will equip ambitious mid-career IT professionals for the challenging role of the CIO in today’s fast moving and complex world. They will develop an enterprise leadership mindset and learn to contribute at a strategic level. The focus is on building commercial acumen, strategic thinking and a deeper understanding of the role IT can play in addressing organisational challenges and creating customer value.
Prominent Business School faculty, IT executives and specialist facilitators share their knowledge, experience, practices and tools to empower participants to become effective CIOs and leaders within their organisations.
Live case studies bring to life the challenges of developing and delivering effective IT strategies and initiatives.
The programme is designed to be practical and relevant for future CIOs and their organisations – particularly those needing to improve the bench strength, depth and succession pipeline in their IT team.
This is a module-based programme that will be delivered periodically over the year.
More details of our 2020 dates to come.
Am I eligible?
- Currently be in an IT-based role that reports to the CIO, CEO or other member of the Executive team
- Have been identified as having potential to progress to the CIO or equivalent role within the next five years
- Have a minimum of five years of senior IT experience
Each module includes a mix of:
- Interactive workshops with senior faculty and facilitators
- Leading industry speakers
- Live case studies and participative exercises
- Work on an initiative that is of strategic value to the participant’s organisation
- Mentoring from seasoned professionals and Business School faculty
- Peer group collaboration
- Engagement with peers across organisations
- Readings and thought leadership
- Participants develop a view of who they want to be as CIO and the capability they need to succeed on their journey.
- They plan their development and that of their teams to create enhanced value for their organisations.
- They strengthen their networks through relationships with their programme peers, guest speakers and faculty.
- Each participant builds a business case to solve an initiative that is of strategic value to their organisation.
- Individuals are mentored by Advisory Group members, other industry leaders and faculty members.
This programme is supported by senior faculty in conjunction with an advisory group of seasoned leaders who also feature as mentors and guest speakers.
- Kevin Angland – GM Digital Services Mercury
- Faris Azimullah – Partner Deloitte
- Rebecca Chenery – CDO Watercare Services
- Mike Clarke – Partner IT Strategy and Performance KPMG
- Jonathan Iles – CIO Carter Holt Harvey
- David Kennedy – Group CIO Transaction Services Group
- Simon Kennedy – CIO Air New Zealand
- Allan Lightbourne – CIO Tauranga City Council
- Angela Nash – CIO/COO REANNZ
- Dawie Olivier – CIO Westpac
- Julia Raue – Independent Director
- Thomas Salmen – Managing Director Linkstate NZ
- Sarah Thirlwall – CDO MinterElisonRuddWatts
- Chris Trigg – CDO Southern Cross Health
- Claudia Vidal – Independent Non Executive Director
To talk to us about the Strategic CIO Programme, please contact:
Ph: (09) 923 4862