for an Uncertain World
Developing leadership capability to respond to uncertainty and change
About the programme
Executive Leadership for an Uncertain World develops and strengthens the leadership capacity and effectiveness of those in senior leadership roles. The programme takes a deep dive into two disruptive contexts – digital and technical disruption, and human resource capability building for a new era.
Who is the programme for?
This programme is for individuals at the senior management level or small clusters of 3-4 people from the same senior management team. This may include:
- Tier 2 leaders or C-Suite aspirants
- General Managers
- Heads of Departments
- New or aspiring CEOs
How do organisations benefit?
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Consider the impact of disruptive trends facing business
- Work with and learn from peers across a wide range of organisations
- Develop a strategic approach to the challenges and opportunities
faced by their business
- Develop and apply leadership practices to support their
organisations to adapt
What can you expect?
The programme comprises two two-day, non-residential workshops across a two month period. This format enables participants to:
- Learn from experienced facilitators and guest contributors in interactive sessions
- Gain insight from in-depth interactions with programme peers who share new perspectives on current challenges
- Practise and embed new learning in their own organisations through the programme
- Sustain new leadership practices beyond the programme
Participants can also bring a specific issue that is key to their organisation right now and work with peers to consider implications, test ideas, review the data, and identify new possibilities and opportunities.
What is the programme framework?
Presentations, case studies and workshops from leading academics in the University of Auckland Business School and business leaders from a
diverse range of sectors.
Workshop one – Digital and Technological Disruption
- Major disruptive challenges facing business
- What type of leadership is being called for in the context of disruption?
- Distinguishing professional expertise, management and leadership
- Adaptive leadership
Workshop two – Capability and Culture
- Sense-making and framing leadership challenges
- Align purpose with talent development and capability
- Growing a culture of leadership within an organisation
- Impact of disruption on capability and culture in future scenarios